Hon. Justice T.E. Chukwuemeka-Chikeka (MPOM, FCIArb, MDRI)Chief Judge, Imo State
NAME: Theresa Eberechukwu Chukwuemeka-Chikeka
DATE OF BIRTH: 27th October, 1958
LGA/STATE: Owerri North, Imo State
MARITAL STATUS: Married
1. Holy Child Convent School, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State, From 1965 to 1967.
2. St. Mary’s Primary School, Ubogwu Awo-Omamma, Oru East LGA from 1967 to 1970
3. Community Girls Secondary School, Umungasi Aba Abia State (formerly Immaculate Heart
Secondary School Umungasi, Aba Abia State) from 1971 to 1975.
4. Secondary School, Ukpom Abak, Akwa Ibom State from 1975 to 1976
5. School of Basic Studies, University of Maidiguri, Borno State from 1976 to 1978
6. Automatically admitted into University of Maiduguri, Borno State Nigeria from 1978 to 1981.
7. Nigerian Law School, Lagos, Lagos State From 1981 to 1982 (call No 6651)
NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE: Ministry of Justice, Maiduguri, Borno State From 1982 to 1983.
1. Borno State Government, Ministry of Justice, Maiduguri From 1983 tol 993.
2. Transferred to Imo State Government in 1993.
1. Director of Civil Litigation
2. Permanent Secretary, Judicial Service Commission in March 2nd 2006 to 19th June, 2006
3. Solicitor – General/Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice, Owerri, June 2006 to 5th May, 2006.
PRESENT APPOINTMENT: High Court Judge 6th May, 2006. Sworn in 20th May, 2006.
PRESENT POSTING: High Court of Justice Mbano/Etiti Judicial Division Sitting at Umuelemai
1. Advanced Course in Civil Procedure at the College of Advanced Legal Studies, University ofLagos Akoka, Lagos State. From 2nd to 28th July, 1995.
2. Environmental Pollution at Anpez, Port Harcourt 1996.
1. Aper Workshop, Concorde Hotel, Owerri, 1999.
2. Women in Management F.S.P., Owerri 2000.
3. Director of Planning, Research & Statistics Seminar at Ibadan, Oyo State 2000
4. Retreat for Directors at Oguta Lake Motel 2004.
MEMBERSHIP TO ORGANIZATIONS:
1. Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Owerri Branch
2. International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA).
3. Catholic Women Organisation.
4. Law Officers Association of Nigeria (LOANS)
5. Ladies Auxiliary of the Knights of St John International (LAUX 350) Owerri.
1. Member of Several Administrative panel of Inquiry
2. Facilitator of the Administration of Oath of Office to Public/Civil Servants in the 1993 to 2008
1. Treasurer Nigerian Bar Association 1999 -2003
2. Present Christian Women Association, Towns 3 & 4 St. Marks Parish, New Owerri 1998 to 2006.
AWARD RECEIVED: 2003 National Productivity order of merit Award. (NPOM)
HOBBIES: Reading, Litigation, and Tracking